July 20, 2017
- Late afternoon thundershowers...hummingbirds fiercely diving for the feeder...at the YMCA of the Rockies in July. A long tradition! I'm in the throes of the fifth Alice MacDonald Greer mystery. An Estes Park resident--a true mountain woman--inspired one of the characters.
- I'm interested in barbecue competitions for this one.
- Bear alert: mama bear, golden in the dawn light, was escorting her cub across the dirt road, just where I'd seen bear scat the day before. Both gorgeous.
- Life abounding, spied by grandchildren: bucks with impressive velvet covering their antlers; baby rabbit; turkey hens with tiny peeping poults; black squirrels, darting chipmunks, ground squirrels.
- UPCOMING EVENTS
- July 28 at 2 pm Mountain Time, YMCA of the Rockies, Jellison Library, Estes Park, Colorado: I'm excited to be talking about the Alice MacDonald Greer Mystery Series, and how the past, uninvited, can trigger new crisis.
- Ghost Dog, Ghost Cave, Ghost Letter, Ghost Dagger, Ghost Next Door and Ghost Cat are available at independent bookstores as well as on Amazon and Kindle.
- Find them at BookPeople,
- 603 N. Lamar, Austin, TX 78703
- Op. Cit. Books,
- 157 Paseo de Peralta,
Santa Fe, NM 87501